Tantalizer 486: Go to work on an egg
29 March 2017
Posted by on
From New Scientist #1037, 3rd February 1977 [link]
Miss Megawatt is one of those sensible people who go to work on an egg. Since variety is the spice of life, she cooks it differently each day but, seeing virtue in routine too, she repeats the same order each working week. She eats no eggs at weekends.
Here are five statements she made recently to a chap from Consumer Research. To keep him on his toes, she included a false one.
1. “On Wednesdays I have it poached or boiled.”
2. “When yesterday’s was coddled, tomorrow’s will be scrambled or vice versa.”
3. “Poached is neither next before nor next after scrambled.”
4. “I coddle and poach earlier in the week than I boil or scramble.”
5. “I scramble earlier than I fry and later than I poach.”
What is her order each working week?